Yes, your water may be clear. But should you drink it?
Columbia still has not lifted its system-wide boil-water advisory as it works to restore water to 350,000 people throughout the city.
Here are some things you need to know about making sure your tap water is safe to use:
▪ Boil water for one full minute before being used for cooking and drinking purposes.
▪ Don’t use any appliances that might require drinkable water like dish washers, ice machines and drinking fountains.
▪ Dispose of any ice that might have been made during the boil water advisory.
▪ Turn on taps to flush out water lines.
▪ Water is still safe to use for showering, shaving and other cleaning purposes.
▪ If used to brush teeth, do not swallow the water unless it has been boiled previously.
▪ Even though water may look clear, it should still be boiled before drinking or cooking with.
Source: City of Columbia