Today S.C. legislators will ask how best to handle a school district in danger of failing.
A bill setting out how the state can monitor “fiscal practices and budgetary conditions” in an S.C. school district will be taken up by the Senate’s K-12 education subcommittee
H.3221 would also direct the education department to take “corrective action” if a district’s money problems risk getting out of hand, up to and including taking over “emergency management” of the district.
Elsewhere at the S.C. State House:
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ 9 a.m. Joint Bond Review Committee, Gressette Room 105
▪ 9 a.m. Senate Banking and Insurance Subcommittee on S.349, Gressette Room 407
▪ 9 a.m. House Labor, Commerce and Industry Real Estate Subcommittee, Blatt Room 403
▪ 9 a.m. House Environmental Affairs Subcommittee (Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environmental Affairs) on S.181, Blatt Room 410
▪ 9:15 a.m. Joint Other Funds Oversight Committee, Gressette Room 209
▪ 9:30 a.m. Senate Fish, Game and Forestry Subcommittee on S.465, Gressette Room 308
▪ 10 a.m. Senate Finance Higher Education Subcommittee Budget Hearings, Gressette Room 207
▪ 10 a.m. Senate Labor, Commerce and Industry Professions and Occupations Subcommittee, Gressette Room 307
▪ 10 a.m. Fish, Game and Forestry Committee, Gressette Room 308
▪ 11 a.m. Senate Transportation Committee, Gressette Room 209
▪ 2 p.m. (or 30 minutes after both the House and the Senate adjourn, whichever is later) Pet Care and Humane Treatment Study Committee, Gressette Room 105
▪ 2:30 p.m. (or upon adjournment of the Senate) Medical Affairs Subcommittee on S.345, Gressette Room 308
▪ (1½ hours after the House adjourns) Ethics Committee, Blatt Room 511
Who’s Schmoozing Who?
▪ 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. Legislative Breakfast: South Carolina Association of Probate Judges (Members Only), Blatt Room 112
▪ 9:30 a.m. Carolina Recycling Association, Blatt Room 317
▪ 10 a.m. South Carolina Association of Probate Judges, Blatt Room 108
▪ 12 noon - 2 p.m. Legislative Luncheon: Carolina Recycling Association, Blatt Room 112