Howard Duvall actually has the experience, integrity and time to devote to the job of at-large Columbia City Councilman. Consider that he:
▪ Has extensive knowledge of municipal procedures and principles, having served on Cheraw City Council and as mayor, and overseen the Municipal Association of South Carolina as executive director.
▪ Successfully challenged the “strong mayor” vote.
▪ Fought the taxpayer-funded Bull Street ball field for which no cost-benefit analysis was done.
▪ Understands fiscal accountability, which is critical as we confront infrastructure issues and monitor billions in FEMA dollars the city will receive.
▪ Is committed to appropriate funding of police, fire and EMS as well as quality of life issues (the arts).
Howard is a team builder who can help the City Council move forward with the same One Columbia spirit exhibited by our citizens after the flood. I urge all voters to support Howard Duvall on Tuesday.
Nancy R. Barksdale