Clemson will face Pitt in the ACC championship game on Saturday at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte. Here is what you need to know about the game:
What channel is the Clemson-Pitt game on?
Who: Pitt (7-5, 6-2) vs. No. 2 Clemson (12-0, 8-0 ACC)
When: 8 p.m. Saturday
TV: ABC (Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit, Maria Taylor)
Where: Bank of America Stadium (75,412)
Series history: Pitt leads the series 2-0.
Radio: 93.1 FM in Columbia, 93.3 in Greenville (Don Munson, Rodney Williams, Reggie Merriweather) ... See all the radio affiliates around the state here.
Satellite radio: Sirius 94/XM 193
Weather: Light rain with scattered thunderstorms. Low of 55 with a high of 59.
What’s at stake
1. Clemson is going for its fourth consecutive ACC title, which would make the Tigers the first team to win four outright ACC titles in league history.
2. Clemson’s senior class lost only one game at home over the past four years and it was against Pitt. The Tigers can avenge that loss on Saturday. Clemson is 0-2 all-time against the Panthers.
3. Clemson can earn win No. 53 over a four-year period with a victory, which would extend its ACC record. Alabama currently holds the national record for wins over a four-year period with 53 entering Saturday.
The teams, by the numbers
Opp. Yds Rush/Game
Opp. Yds. Pass/Game
Opp. Total Yds/Game
Clemson players to watch
1. Clemson running back Travis Etienne was named the ACC Player of the Year earlier this week. The sophomore has 1,307 rushing yards and 19 rushing touchdowns. He is averaging eight yards per carry.
2. Fellow sophomore Tee Higgins is having a strong year for the Tigers, leading Clemson with 49 receptions, 766 yards and eight touchdowns. Pitt will likely try to load the box, which should open things up for Higgins and the passing game.
3. Clemson senior Christian Wilkins will be counted on to help slow down Pitt’s tough and physical rushing attack. Wilkins has 13 tackles for loss and five sacks on the year.
Pitt players to watch
1. Pittsburgh running back Qadree Ollison leads the Panthers with 1,134 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns thus far in 2018.
2. Fellow running back Darrin Hall is not far behind with 935 yards and nine scores. Hall averages more yards per carry with 7.6, ahead of Ollison’s 6.4.
3. Defensive lineman Rashad Weaver leads Pitt in tackles for loss with 12 and sacks with 5.5. He is also fourth on the team in tackles with 44.
Clemson depth chart
QB - Trevor Lawrence (Chase Brice)
RB – Travis Etienne (Tavien Feaster or Adam Choice, Lyn-J Dixon)
WR - Tee Higgins (Justyn Ross, Diondre Overton)
WR - Hunter Renfrow (Trevion Thompson, T.J. Chase)
WR – Amari Rodgers (Derion Kendrick)
TE - Milan Richard (Braden Galloway or J.C. Chalk or Cannon Smith)
H-Back - Garrett Williams
LT - Mitch Hyatt (Jackson Carman)
LG - John Simpson (Matt Bockhorst)
C - Justin Falcinelli (Gage Cervenka)
RG – Gage Cervenka or Sean Pollard (Cade Stewart)
RT - Tremayne Anchrum (Chandler Reeves or Blake Vinson)
DE - Clelin Ferrell (Justin Foster, Chris Register)
DT - Dexter Lawrence (Nyles Pinckney, Jordan Williams)
DT - Christian Wilkins (Albert Huggins, Xavier Kelly)
DE - Austin Bryant (Xavier Thomas, Logan Rudolph)
SLB/NB – Isaiah Simmons (Jalen Williams, Baylon Spector)
MLB –Tre Lamar (Judah Davis or Chad Smith)
WLB – Kendall Joseph (J.D. Davis, Shaq Smith)
CB – A.J. Terrell (Mark Fields, Mario Goodrich)
SS – K’Von Wallace (Nolan Turner)
FS – Tanner Muse (Denzel Johnson)
CB – Trayvon Mullen (Kyler McMichael, LeAnthony Williams)
PK - Greg Huegel (B.T. Potter or Alex Spence)
P - Will Spiers (Carson King)
KO - B.T. Potter (Steven Sawicki)
LS(PK) - Patrick Phibbs (Austin Spence)
LS (P) - Austin Spence (Patrick Phibbs)
H - Will Swinney (Will Spiers)
PR - Amari Rodgers (Hunter Renfrow or Derion Kendrick)
KOR - Derion Kendrick and Adam Choice