An updated roundup of all the names most recently associated with South Carolina’s football coaching search.
ALL BUT OUT
ALL BUT OUT
▪ Tom Herman, Larry Fedora: Negotiating deals to stay at Houston and North Carolina, respectively.
▪ Kirby Smart: Alabama defensive coordinator expected to be named Georgia's head coach as early as this weekend.
Current job: Auburn defensive coordinator
Next game: Bowl
Update: Can leave Auburn with no buyout or penalty after this weekend
USC competition: Staying at Auburn; joining Smart’s staff at Georgia as defensive coordinator
Current job: Oklahoma offensive coordinator
Next game: Likely College Football Playoff final four
Update: ESPN says Riley, USC will talk this week
USC competition: Staying at Oklahoma; Memphis also reportedly interested
▪ Shane Beamer: Former South Carolina assistant, who currently is on the Virginia Tech staff, could become a candidate.
▪ Rich Bissacia: Dallas Cowboys assistant spent six years at South Carolina and five years at Clemson.
▪ Shawn Elliott: USC’s interim head coach interviewed with Ray Tanner on Wednesday.
▪ Dan Mullen: Mississippi State head coach Dan Mullen has been connected to multiple openings.
▪ Jeremy Pruitt: Georgia’s defensive coordinator might not be retained on new staff.
▪ Rich Rodriguez: Had three winning seasons at Arizona before 6-6, so far, this year.
▪ Charlie Strong: Former USC assistant likely to stay at Texas, but what happens if the Longhorns get manhandled Saturday against Baylor?