Florida defensive lineman Jaquaze Sorrells made another appearance at South Carolina on Saturday for the Georgia game. This one also an unofficial visit.
It’s the third visit with the Gamecocks for the former Florida commitment, and he’s scheduled for an official visit with them this coming weekend though he said Sunday night he’s not sure yet about that visit.
“It went well,” he said of this visit. “I was able to get my family up there this time.”
Sorrells had set Aug. 27 for a commitment announcement but passed on that date. Asked when he might make a commitment, he responded, “Whenever the time is right.”
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The State
LSU, Oregon, Alabama and Florida State have been the other top schools on his list. In his first two games, Sorrells has a sack, two hurries and a pair of tackles.
▪ McDonough Ga., 2020 defensive lineman Marquis Black (6-foot-5, 280 pounds) of visited South Carolina on Saturday. “It was good and the atmosphere was nice,” he said. “The D-line coach was glad I made it and told me to keep doing what I’m doing and stay healthy. They’re very big and explosive and real physical and that’s the type of people I want to play beside. Definitely will be in my top colleges list.” He plans to visit UCF this weekend.
▪ Other confirmed visitors include 2020 Hammond defensive lineman Alex Huntley, 2020 Buford, Ga., offensive lineman Seth McLaughlin, 2020 Nashville linebacker Devyn Curtis, 2021 Nashville offensive lineman Eli Sutton and 2021 linebacker Dameon Wilson of King’s Mountain, NC.
▪ Charlotte athlete Quavaris Crouch, who had said he would visit USC for the Georgia game, instead went to N.C. State on Saturday.
▪ Christ Church 2021 6-foot-11 big man John Butler Jr. visited South Carolina on Saturday. He recently was offered by Clemson.
▪ Powder Springs, Ga. 6-foot-10 center Jared Jones has set an in home visit with the Gamecocks for Sept. 13 according to basketball writer Russ Wood. He has four official visits set with Northwestern, Georgia, Minnesota and Mississippi State. LSU and Wake Forest also are working on in home visit dates.