South Carolina is very interested in linebacker Jeremiah Moon of Hoover, Ala., and will get the chance to host him for a second time this weekend when he attends the Gamecock Showcase camp.
Moon (6-4, 206) also visited USC for the junior day in January. Moon has kept in touch with USC recruiter Kirk Botkin and looks forward to seeing more about what the Gamecocks have to offer.
“They definitely are up there on my list,” Moon said. “I’ve built a great relationship with Coach Botkin. He sees me getting bigger and being able to play the will spot like I do at Hoover. He thinks I’ll be a good fit for their scheme.”
Moon has offers from USC, Mississippi State, Minnesota, Kentucky, Missouri, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin, Cincinnati, Louisville and Georgia Southern. He’s also getting interest from Alabama and Auburn.
“I’m very open right now but I’ll wind it down after I see how the Florida camp goes,” said Moon, who will camp with the Gators later this month. He’s been to Alabama for camp and also wants to get to Mississippi State.
Moon said the teams most on his mind at this point are USC, Mississippi State and Minnesota. He also wants to get up to see the Golden Gophers, and he’d like to visit Ole Miss. He is not close on a decision.
In other news:
▪ USC basketball target and Charlotte transfer Keyshawn Woods committed to Wake Forest on Tuesday while on an unofficial visit with the Demon Deacons. Woods had taken official visits to USC.
▪ USC tight end target Jordan Giberti of Orlando is visiting Cincinnati, Illinois and Ohio this week.
▪ USC linebacker target Kash Daniel of Paintsville, Ky., visited Kentucky Monday. Will also visit USC, Louisville and Florida.
▪ USC target DE Khalid Kareem of Farmington Hills, Mich., visited Alabama Monday. He plans to visit USC later this month.
▪ USC JUCO DB target Devron Davis picked up an offer from Oklahoma Tuesday.