College recruiters and prospects get down to the serious business of defining decisions this weekend with the first of three weekend opportunities for official visits.
There could be some mid-week visits worked in as well, but most prospects will take their visits this weekend, Jan. 22 and Jan. 29 leading up to the Feb. 3 signing day.
South Carolina will have a large group of targets and commitments in this weekend. The Gamecocks currently have 21 pledges for the 2016 class.
In addition taking in the USC vs. Missouri men’s basketball game Saturday, this weekend’s itinerary for recruits includes campus and facility tours, meals and other opportunities for players and their families to interact with coaches, players and athletics director Ray Tanner.
USC targets scheduled to visit (subject to change)
▪ WR Sam Bruce (Miami commit)
▪ WR Kiel Pollard (Arkansas commit)
▪ LB TJ Brunson (former Louisville commit)
▪ DB Daniel Thomas
▪ DB Marlon Character (Auburn commit)
▪ DE Tyreic Martin (former Missouri commit)
▪ DL Jamil Dukes (former East Carolina commit)
▪ ATH Evan Hinson (former Miami commit)
USC commitments scheduled to visit (subject to change)
▪ RB Rico Dowdle
▪ WR Chavis Dawkins
▪ OL Pete Leota
▪ OL Will Putnam
▪ OL Akeem Cooperwood
▪ OL Lloyd Cushenberry
▪ DE Javon Kinlaw
▪ DE Sadariuis Hutcherson