Wide receiver Korey Banks of Tyrone, Ga., is slated to visit South Carolina on Jan. 29, and Wednesday night USC coach Will Muschamp made his in-home visit along with assistant Bryan McClendon.
Banks is a North Carolina commitment and he made his official visit to Chapel Hill last weekend. He is slated to see Alabama this coming weekend.
“I have a very high interest (in USC),” Banks said. “I have a good relationship with coach BMac. I’m building one with Coach Muschamp, so you know I have a very high interest. They said they need a lot more explosive guys, guys that can separate and I fit the role.”
Banks (6-0, 170) said his commitment to the Tar Heels remains “still about the same, still 100 percent.” However, he wants to take all of his official visits before making a final decision.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The State
News and notes
▪ Coaches have been flowing into Fort Dorchester High this week to visit with OL John Simpson and some of coach Steve LaPrad’s other prospects. USC’s Shawn Elliott was in on Tuesday and Clemson’s Tony Elliott and Robbie Caldwell visited on Wednesday. LaPrad said USC, LSU and Florida are all scheduled to be in on Thursday. He said Simpson’s two final official visits remain as scheduled: Clemson this weekend and Alabama Jan. 29.
▪ USC Thursday offered 2017 WR Leroy Henley (6-2 175) of Fort Lauderdale. He has 28 offers, including Oklahoma, Auburn, Syracuse, Kentucky, Penn State and Wisconsin.
▪ USC Thursday offered 2017 OLB/DB Brelin Faison-Walden (6-1, 197) of Greensboro, N.C.
▪ TE Hank Tuipulotu of Nation Ford was visited this week by his recruiter from NC State. That’s been his only in-person contact with a recruiter this week, and he’s not expecting anything Thursday. He visited USC last weekend and will visit BYU this weekend. He remains committed to the Cougars at this time.
▪ DB Daniel Thomas of Montgomery, Ala., has set an official visit to North Carolina for this weekend. He originally had Maryland down for that date. Tar Heels defensive coordinator Gene Chizik had an in-home visit with Thomas Wednesday night. Thomas visited USC last weekend and will visit Clemson Jan. 29. Clemson recruiter Mike Reed visited him earlier this week.
▪ USC visited with tight end Pro Wells of St. Petersburg, Fla., on Wednesday.
▪ USC Wednesday offered 2017 LB Jaden Hunter of Atlanta and 2017 OL Jordan Tucker of Roswell, Ga.