Today, we take a look at the Midlands’ top offensive players from the Class of 2017.
1. Will Register, TE, Chapin: This was an easy pick. Register is easily one of the top five prospects overall in the state, and may be the best prospect overall in the Midlands area.
2. Hunter Blackmon, OL, Lexington: Big-bodied left tackle proficient in pass protection and athletic enough to run block, as well.
3. Rudy Mitchell, RB, Westwood: One of the most electric players in the Midlands area. Excellent getting to the edge and lethal in space.
4. Brett Burnett, QB, Airport: Missed most of the 2015 season with ACL, but strong armed, accurate quarterback with FCS capability.
5. Cole Owens, WR, Ben Lippen: Yes, I know he’s a SCISA guy, but he’s got a great skill set, along with sticky hands and great speed.