The deadline to nominate someone for The State newspaper’s next 20 under 40 class is Wednesday.
Do you know of a rising business star in the Midlands who is younger than 40 and who is making a mark with both professional success and community involvement? If so, we invite you to nominate her or him.
Nominees must primarily conduct business in the 10 counties of the Midlands and be under age 40 as of Jan. 1, 2017.
Winners will be notified in early December, but the names will not be made public until the 20 Under 40 special section is published early next year. To nominate someone, visit twentyunderforty.thestate.com.
Never miss a local story.
Here’s some advice for your nominations:
▪ You must complete the entire nomination form. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
▪ Send documents or reference letters in support of your candidate to email@example.com. Please put “20 under 40 documents” in the subject line. You can send up to five Word or pdf documents.
▪ After submitting the form, follow up with Associate Editor Paul Osmundson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make sure it was submitted properly.
▪ Please include details in your nominations. Avoid just saying a nominee is a “good,” “hard-working” or “kind” person. Add examples and anecdotes.
▪ The Midlands counties where nominees must primarily do business are: Richland, Lexington, Calhoun, Fairfield, Lee, Kershaw, Newberry, Orangeburg, Saluda and Sumter.
Still have questions? Email Osmundson at email@example.com.