With severe winter weather expected to affect South Carolina on Wednesday, schools and other organizations around the state are announcing closings, cancellations and changes of plans.
The State newspaper will continue to update this list.
If you know of any closings, cancellations, delays or other information you think should be on this list, please let us know at email@example.com.
Never miss a local story.
- Orangeburg District 3
- Orangeburg District 4
- Orangeburg District 5
- Sumter County
- Laurence Manning Academy
- Allendale County
- Bamberg District 1
- Fairfield County
- Calhoun County
- Calhoun Academy
- Claflin University (opening at 10 a.m.)
- South Carolina State University
- USC Salkehatchie (Closed Thursday)
- USC Columbia, close at 12:30 p.m.
LOCAL OFFICES AND ORGANIZATIONS
- City of Columbia, closing at noon
- Richland Library, closing at 1 p.m., reopening at 11 a.m. Thursday
- Main Street ICE
- S.C. State Museum, closing at 2 p.m.
- Harvest Hope Food Bank - Shop Road and Cayce emergency pantry, closing at 1 p.m.
- Harvest Hope Food Bank - Florence, closing at noon
- Riverbanks Zoo and Gardens, closing at 2 p.m.
- Calvary Chapel Northeast (canceled dinner an service)
- Palmetto Citizens Federal Credit Union (all offices closing at 4 p.m.)
- Carolina Children’s Dentistry of Sumter (closed Thursday)
STATE GOVERNMENT OFFICES
- Allendale County (close at noon)
- Bamberg County (opening at 1 p.m. Thursday)
- Barnwell County (opening at noon Thursday)
- Beaufort County (opening at noon Thursday)
- Berkeley County (closed Thursday)
- Calhoun County (opening at noon Thursday)
- Charleston County (closed Thursday)
- Clarendon County (closed Thursday)
- Colleton County (closed Thursday)
- Dillon County (closed Thursday)
- Dorchester County (closed Thursday)
- Fairfield County (one-hour delay)
- Florence County (closed Thursday)
- Georgetown County (opening at 11 a.m. Thursday)
- Hampton County (closed Thursday)
- Horry County (closing at noon)
- Jasper County
- Marion County (opening at 11 a.m. Thursday)
- Marlboro County (opening at noon Thursday)
- Orangeburg County
- Williamsburg County (two-hour delay Thursday)
- Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor (Closed Thursday)
- Fort Moultrie on Sullivan’s Island (Closed Thursday)
- Fort Sumter Visitor Education Center in downtown Charleston (Closed Thursday)
- Charles Pinckney National Historic Site in Mount Pleasant (Closed Thursday)
- Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum (Closed Thursday)
- MUSC classes on the Charleston peninsula (only essential university personnel should report to work)
- MUSC Health ambulatory clinics
- Rutledge Tower Operating Room will be closed (all outpatient surgeries have been canceled)
- Sumter County (close at 1:30 p.m.)
- Richland County (close at 12:30 p.m., will reopen for regular hours Thursday)
- Williamsburg County (close at noon)
DELAYED OR ALTERED
- Clarendon School District Two (half-day with dismissal starting at 11:10 a.m.)
- Aiken County schools, early dismissal
- Richland 1 schools, early dismissal, evening events canceled
- Richland 2 schools (on regular schedule Thursday)
- Newberry at Coker college basketball doubleheader (moved up from 6 and 8 p.m., to 2 and 4 p.m.)
- Lexington 1, staff dismissal at 12:30 p.m., evening events canceled
- Lexington 2, evening events canceled (on regular schedule Thursday)
- Lexington 3, early dismissal
- Lexington-Richland 5, (on regular schedule Thursday)
- Kershaw County schools (2-hour delay Thursday)
Staff writers Sarah Ellis and Cynthia Roldán contributed to this story.