Ray Tanner updated South Carolina’s athletic facility construction during a half-hour presentation to the Board of Trustees on Friday.
USC has finished four projects, is in the middle of four more and starting another in the spring, Tanner said. The athletic department will also benefit from $19 million in major gifts in fiscal year 2015.
▪ A swimming and diving locker room and lounge ($650,000), a tennis complex addition ($995,000), football’s Springs Brooks Plaza ($14.5 million) and a soccer practice field ($600,000) are completed.
Never miss a local story.
▪ The football indoor facility ($14.3 million) should be completed in October. It has been available for use by the team since preseason practice began and all that’s left is “fine-tuning.” Graphics for the inside of the facility will be tabled for a year.
▪ A $940,000 renovation to the women’s basketball offices will be completed by November. The new offices cover the entire top floor of the Volleyball Competition Facility.
▪ The $10 million track and field complex should be completed by May 2016.
▪ The $3.175 million soccer building adjacent to Stone Stadium should be completed by March 2016.
Once the other projects are done or close to being done, USC will begin converting the Elephant Room at Carolina Coliseum into a men’s basketball office ($4 million). The men’s offices were moved out of the top floor of the volleyball facility and are currently in suites at Colonial Life Arena.
The new area will start construction in the spring and should be completed by April 2017.
Follow on Twitter at @DCTheState