Richland County deputies are trying to find a suspect who stole thousands of dollars worth of electronics from several stores around the Midlands, including a new Costco store that opened earlier this month and a Sam’s Club that opened in July.
Investigators believe the suspect stole several items all valued at about $4,300 from Wal-Mart, Costco, Sam’s Club and Best Buy stores around the county, according to a news release from the Richland County Sheriff’s Department.
Deputies believe the suspect stole the following items:
▪ A wireless sound bar valued at $300 from Wal-Mart, 10060 Two Notch Road, July 28.
▪ A flat screen TV valued at about $600 from Wal-mart Aug. 14.
▪ A flat screen TV valued at about $1,200 from Costco, 507 Pine Grove Road, Aug. 18.
▪ A flat screen TV valued at $1,600 from Sam’s Club, 733 Fashion Drive, Aug. 19.
▪ A security system valued at $600 from Best Buy, 10136 Two Notch Road, Monday.
Video surveillance equipment captured an image of the suspect. Deputies believe he fled the businesses in a red pickup truck, which cameras also captured.
The Columbia Police Department is also investigating the theft of about $10,000 worth of goods from a Wal-Mart on Garners Ferry Road.
Anyone with information about the suspect can contact Crimestoppers at -888-CRIME-SC,www.sccrimestoppers.com or text “TIPSC” plus the message to CRIMES (274637). People who leave tips that lead to an arrest can receive up to $1,000 in reward money.