GoGamecocks.com is now part of thestate.com, which was recently upgraded to make the site faster, simpler and more engaging.
GoGamecocks inherits those improvements. The big news for our GoGamecocks-only subscribers is that you now have access to all of thestate.com. This includes award-winning coverage of breaking news, politics, business, opinion, features and other content.
Just interested in USC sports coverage? Your link to GoGamecocks.com will now bring you directly to this section and our Gamecocks stories, videos and photos.
Clicking on Home on the navigation bar will take you to thestate.com homepage. You can navigate to other sections by clicking on them in the navigation bar as well. GoGamecocks has its own spot in our main navigation.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The State
You should find the site easier to use and less cluttered, but still packed with the stories, photos and videos you’ve come to expect from our award-winning team of journalists.
Here are some of the improvements:
▪ The site senses what type of device you are using and tailors the display to fit your screen. This means our content should look great on desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
▪ The new underlying technology will improve our speed in posting new content and load the site faster for you.
▪ On desktop and laptops, redesigned drop-down menus make navigation easier and show the top stories found on main section fronts. Desktop and laptop users who prefer the e-edition, the online replica of the printed newspaper, will find a link if hovering over Home, the first item in our navigation rail on any section front.
▪ On a phone or tablet, click on the three-bar icon at the top left of your screen to get the menu.
▪ A more complete weather forecast is accessed by clicking on the weather icon on the homepage or by tapping or swiping the icon on mobile or tablet. We now include a radar map, too.
▪ An enhanced News/World report that can be accessed under the News menu that displays the latest from all 30 McClatchy news sites, including our Washington and foreign bureaus, and from wire services including The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Associated Press.
▪ You can submit a letter to the editor in the Opinion menu. On our Customer Service page, linked at the top of each page, you can send us news tips and report problems with your subscription. You can also send us general feedback there, by clicking on the “Contact Us” link on the right. And in the Home menu, you can click on any of our social media and talk to us.