Gus Malzahn of Auburn had his in home visit with offensive tackle Dylan Wonnum on Monday. Jeremy Pruitt of Tennessee will be in Tuesday. South Carolina’s Will Muschamp probably will be in on Thursday or Friday.
"We just talked about the basic recruiting stuff, the same stuff all the folks talk about," said Wonnum's mother Consuela. "Nothing out of the ordinary. Coach Malzahn was very informative and answered all of our questions."
The meeting last abWonnum had said he would make a decision before the weekend but his mom said it might take a little longer.
"Dylan said he's going to think about it over the weekend and he'll probably have something before Signing Day. It will definitely be before Signing Day." out an hour and a half and Auburn assistant coach Larry Porter also sat in on the meeting.
Wonnum made his official visit to USC over the weekend and he will try to make a decision this week. If he’s not able to, he’ll wait until Signing Day.
The highly rated tackle is the brother of Gamecocks star D.J. Wonnum.
▪ The Gamecocks offered a walk on opportunity to J.L. Mann punter George Georgopoulos who visited Saturday. He’s ranked 10th nationally by Chris Sailer.
“I have a great opportunity to go there and compete against the starting guys,” Georgopoulos said. “USC has been my favorite team as a kid and to be finally looked at by them is truly a dream and blessing.”
He’s also talking with LSU, Arizona and Nebraska and might visit Arizona this week.
▪ South Carolina offered 2019 defensive Jaquaze Sorrells of Largo, Fla.
▪ USC offered Birmingham 2019 linebacker Jammal Abrams.
▪ Gamecocks offered Birmingham 2020 linebacker Quandarrius Robinson.
▪ South Carolina defensive end target Dennis Briggs of Kissimmee, Fla. committed to Florida State. He visited over the weekend.
▪ Nolan Grouix , a 2019 wide receiver from Davidson, N.C. committed to Wisconsin. He also has a Gamecocks offer.
▪ Gainesville, Fla. 2019 wide recevier Jalen Kelsey was among the unofficial visitors at South Carolina this weekend.